Baycroft School Outreach Service
Baycroft Outreach Service
Our Outreach team provide local primary and secondary schools with specialist support to help meet the needs of their pupils with SEND and additional challenges. This service is free of charge to Hampshire maintained schools.
You can download a handy guide to our offer via the icon just below:
Why Access Baycroft Outreach?
We aim to:
- Provide our mainstream colleagues with high quality support to enable all pupils to make good progress across the curriculum
- Empower mainstream staff by providing them with a better understanding of pupil difficulties and strengths
- Develop colleagues’ skills and confidence in planning and delivering programmes of intervention
Accessing Baycroft Outreach
Please fill in the referral form and return it to us at [email protected]
Initial contact will be made through email and then a telephone consultation to discuss the most appropriate support package.
Our offer includes, but is not limited to:
- Consultation with SENCO and other key staff to offer advice and strategies; validation or enhancement of existing good practice
- Observation of pupils to inform support and future action to be implemented to improve outcomes
- Support with curriculum differentiation
- Advice in setting up the learning environment
- Transition support
- INSET and training in a range of areas; 1:1, group or team
- Modelling or demonstrating particular techniques or practice
- Helping to design bespoke programmes or curriculum plans
- In-reach visits to specialist settings eg Baycroft School
- Signposting to external agencies and support organisations
- Help with creating media or resources
- Sharing of resources and planning created by our staff for our students
- Liaison with parents and carers – helping families, carers and professionals to understand EHCPs and needs
- Signposting to good practice in other services and settings
- Assessment of specific needs eg speech and language levels
Support programmes can vary from a one-off observation and advice, to a lengthier partnership involving bespoke training for staff. An exit report can be supplied detailing a package of support and further recommendations.
Training for staff
Experienced staff can offer a range of training to schools relating to:
- Understanding Autism and supporting learners effectively
- Attention Autism
- Teacch Approaches
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Supporting less able learners
- Tailored approaches to engagement and learning
- Sensory integration approaches
- Speech, language and communication adaptations
- Inclusive high-quality teaching, learning and assessment
Our training workshops are very popular and often over-subscribed. These are usually led by your needs and suggestions, or common themes which crop up in our work with schools. They all contribute to more effective classroom behaviour management strategies and better support for students with ASC and learning needs. But in doing so, we explore issues such as; ‘The Power of Language’, ‘Sensory and Sorry’, ‘Demand Avoidance – Pathological or Perennial?’, ‘Resources and Sources’ (very practical session) and ‘Differentiated and Dynamic Classroom Language’. These can be requested and will be laid on subject to demand. We are always keen to receive feedback and ideas for what you would find useful, too, so please do email us with any thoughts. Equally for our podcasts.
Keep an eye out for our regular podcasts!
‘Inside Your Ed’ is our new podcast series that looks inside the latest stories from across the education system in England including schools, colleges, universities and apprenticeships.
All podcasts can be found here → https://soundcloud.com/user-462057340
More Useful Information and Links
The Inclusion Illusion https://www.uclpress.co.uk/products/152465