Baycroft is highly effective in preparing learners for future success in education, employment and training. The school uses the Gatsby Benchmark to develop and improve the careers provision and to enable a range of education and training providers to work with students. All students receive unbiased information about potential next steps and high-quality careers guidance.
Some examples of this are:
- The PSP and Careers Lead has regular meetings with the Careers and Enterprise Company and also the Local Education Partnership.
- The Careers work is led by a practitioner who has completed training in leading this work from the Careers Development Institute
- We use meetings within the Network to share best practice for planning and monitoring for futures preparation with other schools.
- Careers education runs through the whole of a student’s time with us and future aspirations are always part of our thinking and planning when working with parents and carers
- Pupils in Years 10 and 11 receive high quality guidance and advice from the Pastoral/Provision/Post-16/careers Lead and advice in conjunction with Education Business Partnership careers practitioner. This is planned and communicated effectively with parents and tutors and is a key part of the EHCP Review as well as Person Centred Planning.
- Parents and students are supported additionally with engagement events such as; college events/fayres hosted here, work experience events, employer interview days, work experience, college and Post-16 visits, taster days, individual appointments
- There is an extensive transition process developed through close partnership working with all of our students’ destination providers and our curriculum has been developed to link to the experiences the students have when they move on from us
The documents here, show what students can expect from their Years 10 and 11 preparations: